Why is kitchen backsplash tile important?
Counter backsplashes are vertical extensions of a counter, typically in the kitchen or bathroom. A backsplash can be extended a few inches above the counter or as high as the ceiling. A backsplash serves a functional purpose. It protects the walls behind the sink from accidental splashes of water. It is the first thing you will notice when you enter the kitchen. A backsplash design needs to match your design, style, and color scheme perfectly. There are various types of backsplash available in the market. Kitchen backsplashes prevent water from flowing between the back of cabinets and the wall.
The perks of installing a kitchen backsplash are as follows:
Backsplash Makes Cleaning Easy
- The kitchen gets messy due to cooking and baking disasters as solids and liquids splash up on the walls and stain the wall but there is no need to worry about this problem with a tile backsplash. All you need to do is take paper towels and some warm water to make it look as good as new.
Ensures Protection from Moisture
- Many times due to pipes behind the walls, moisture seeps in and causes damage. Adding a backsplash to one's kitchen adds an extra layer of protection to it and prevents water damage.
Improve the Kitchen Look
- The look and feel of one's kitchen can be enhanced with a kitchen tile backsplash. It adds more style and décor to your kitchen in just a little time and effort. There is an array of styles, colors, and sizes to choose from. If your kitchen has vibrant white cabinets and countertops, you can spice up the space with a sleek, contrasting backsplash. There is a myriad of backsplash tile options to choose from such as stone tile, mosaic and ceramic.
- Since the backsplash space is not that large, the process of installing tile is relatively quick and easy. Having a backsplash that is durable and resistant to heat is critical since it is surrounded by their stove, oven, toaster, coffee maker, and many more kitchen gadgets. You don't have to worry about your backsplash fading or cracking with repeated exposure to heat.
- Even though ceramic tiles for kitchen backsplashes
are extremely durable, there exists the possibility that a tile might crack down the line, but replacing damaged ceramic tiles are relatively easy without disrupting the entire backsplash.
Many different materials can ideally be used as a kitchen backsplash. These are Marble, Granite, Concrete, Porcelain Tile, Ceramic Tile, Quartz, and Glass Tile. How your tiling is done and what pattern is used for the same will determine the entire a look of your kitchen, while also highlighting the surrounding space.
is a reputed platform that connects Tile Setters in the US, Licensed Tile Contractors and Tile Repair Contractors with customers. When the customers search the phrase “Tile Installer In My Area,” the platform will instantly show up reliable contractors from which the users can find their best fit at their convenience. JustTileSetters makes sure that your tiling project is in safe hands!